A valid visa is required for almost citizens of foreign countries to visit Vietnam for any purposes from visiting friends and families to going on a business trip or leisure vacation. Fortunately, it is much easier these days for foreign passport holders to apply for visa to Vietnam as there are two available ways to go about this matter.
Overseas Vietnamese and foreigners who are spouses or children of overseas Vietnamese or Vietnamese citizens are exempt from visa requirements to enter Vietnam and are allowed to stay for not more than 6 months if they have and passports or international travel documents with the validity of at least 01 year and papers proving eligibility as prescribed. Visa exemption paper (VEP) is valid for not more than 5 years and expires at least 6 months prior to the expiry date of holder’s passport or international travel document.
Bilateral Vietnam visa exemption agreement
- Citizens of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia and Laos holding valid ordinary passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 30 days; Philippines is allowed to stay for not more than 21 days; Brunei and Myanmar citizens are allowed to stay for not more than 14 days and vice versa.
- By March 2016, citizens of 76 countries holding valid diplomatic or official passports are exempt from visa requirements and vice versa, including: Argentina, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italia, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nicaragua, North Korea, Kuwait, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arad Emirates (U.A.E), Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela.
Duration of stay is applied for each specific object.
Unilateral Vietnam visa exemption
- Foreigners and Vietnamese people holding foreign passports are allowed to stay in Phu Quoc Island for not more than 30 days without visa. In case foreigners who transit via an international gate of Viet Nam (including by air or sea) and then to Phu Quoc Island later also exempt from visa requirements.
- Visa with 30-day validity is exempted for officials from ASEAN secretariat holding different kinds of passports.
- From 01 January 2015 to the end of 31 December 2019, citizens of Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Japan, South Korea and Russia holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
- From 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2017, citizens of the United Kingdom, the French Republic, the Federal Republic of Germany, the Kingdom of Spain and the Italian Republic holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirements and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
- From 1 July 2015 to end of 30 June 2020, citizens of the Republic of Belarus holding different kinds of passports are exempt from visa requirement and are allowed to stay for not more than 15 days.
Unilateral visa exemption for Vietnames citizens
- The republic of Panama is exempt from visa requirements with tourism purpose for Vietnamese citizens holding ordinary passports.
Vietnam visa exemption
- Visa is issued by competent authorities of Vietnam in foreign countries. Visa on arrival is possibly issued in some special cases.
- Documents for visa application: 01 application form (in provided format) with an attached 4x6cm photo; passport or passport substitute that its validity must be at least 01 month longer than the applied visa validity .
- Tourist visa is valid for up to 3 months.
How to get “Vietnam visa on arrival”
Before flying to Vietnam, you will need visa or invitation letter for your check in application. In case you do not have a visa, and use our service, we will free arrange Vietnam visa invitation letter for you. This document will be made in Vietnam and we will send you a copy of invitation letter to you. You will get visa on arrival. To do invitation letter we need following information: Your copy of passport and Your arrival and departure flights.
If you concern about Travel Tips before picking your backpack up, please contact us for more in formation. Share this article if it is helpful for you!